March 18, 2020

18A – Create a Customer Avatar

My Customer Avatar

My target customer segment is senior citizens (ages 65+) who live at home with no caretaker and have access to phone, internet, and/or email. 

So how do I picture my prototypical customer? 





Meet Karen and Robert. An elderly couple that spends most of their time reading and watching their 5 grandchildren. Karen has arthritis so Robert does most of the day-to-day chores and driving. They attend church on Sundays and meet up with friends their age. Family is their number one priority, and they would do anything to keep their family safe. Since retiring from accounting 3 years ago, Robert has made plans to travel to Wuhan, China to appreciate the Chinese culture. The couple's very conservative lifestyle and investing has allowed them to save a significant amount of retirement funds; they plan to give the left-over funds to their favorite grandson Aaron. All in all, life is good. For the foreseeable future, they don't expect any more hardships or hassles. And why should they? They have a flip phone and cable television, with a grandparent modified controller thanks to Aaron, for technology.

Comparing Myself to My Customer

I find more differences than similarities between myself and the prototypical customer I'm trying to reach. For example: age, occupation, and mobility are a few categories that stand out to me. I do believe there are similarities, however. We both share a strong need for family, security, and take part in religious activities. There could be many reasons for these similarities, but I believe the main reason is the traditions instilled in us while growing up.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Aaron!
    I can definitely picture your consumer avatar couple very clearly. My grandparents on my mothers side actually fit your description pretty closely, and I have certainly ran into multiple people and/or couples who fit this description perfectly. I feel that this target audience is pretty large here in Florida, especially in my area, due to all the retirees who move here.

    ReplyDelete