April 3, 2020

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3

The Pitch



Feedback and Changes

After reviewing the feedback left on the last elevator pitch (NO.2), I received comments critiquing the camera angle and lighting. I made sure this time the room and lighting were not distracting. I received good feedback on my product/service explanation, so going into this pitch I wanted to make sure I kept the same energy and description. My goal for each elevator pitch was to remain confident in my composure and speak at a good tempo. Also, for this pitch, I memorized the script and made some changes on the fly to make the pitch flow better and sound more natural. I think these exercises really helped me identify flaws in my public speaking skills and gave me the opportunity to improve these flaws. I am going to continually practice creating and reciting elevator pitches going forward to build upon this skill and eventually utilize it in my entrepreneurial career. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron,
    First off, that was a crazy fact at the beginning of your pitch. Having an attention grabber to really pull in your audience is extremely effective. I love money, so hearing such a large number and the concept of money in the same sentence immediately made me want to listen. You maintained a really good tone of voice and used pauses effectively. The eye contact was also very good because it showed that you are trying to establish that sense of confidence between you and your audience. Definitely your best elevator pitch yet, and if this was a real subscription I would definitely have my grandparents look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron!
    Great job on this elevator pitch improvement. The main thing that I noticed between this pitch and your last one was that your speaking tempo was much more consistent in this one, and you seemed much more confident. Considering that these were your goals to improve on, I'd say you nailed them. I was also super impressed with your strong attention grabber at the beginning. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete