Bug List
#1 - It really irritates me when weights in the gym are not racked. I have to take time from my workout to first find the weights needed for my workout.WHY? - I believe people are either too lazy to move them back to their proper locations or forgetful.
#2 - One of my roommates can't clean up after themselves. Over the winter break he left milk and other items that spoiled, leaving a very unpleasant smell for me and others.
WHY? - He seems to be very busy and is rarely at the apartment.
#3 - There is very limited parking in front of my apartment building, and when others can't park correctly it forces me to park further away from my building.
WHY? - Parking spaces are pretty narrow and some people don't take the time to check and see if they're within the lines.
#4 - Crowded RTS busses force me to be near people in an awkward position.
WHY? - I normally head towards campus during peak hours.
#5 - Heading to Marston/West library and realizing that there are no spots left (at least the good spots).
WHY? - I didn't reserve a room in advance. I didn't leave early enough to claim a spot.
#6 - Lawn maintenance workers start working way too early in the morning (8:00am) and it wakes me from my beauty sleep.
WHY? - My walls are not sound proof. They have other lawns to take care of throughout the day and have to get an early start.
#7 - Running out of basic needs at the worst times. For example, I loaded a weeks worth of laundry into the machine just to find out I ran out of detergent.
WHY? - I forgot to keep track of my resources and their conditions. I did not resupply when needed.
#8 - I have Eczema (skin condition) which flares up causing pain and extreme discomfort.
WHY? - Other than the fact that Eczema has no cure, often times I do not moisturize the area which contributes to the irritation.
#9 - The shower in my apartment is extremely sensitive. Turning the knob left or right by millimeters results in either hell or the artic.
WHY? - The water heater is just on the other side of the wall which may be responsible for the sensitivity
#10 - The Rider app, used to track RTS busses, sometimes inaccurately displays arrival times causing me to miss a bus by minutes.
WHY? - The connection between the bus gps and the app might be weak causing a delay.
#11 - My Amazon Fire TV Stick often malfunctions when trying to open apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) forcing me to restart the device completely.
WHY? - A programing error or a hardware issue could be causing the device to malfunction.
#12 - The A/C unit in my car breaks down when it gets closer to summer time which bugs me because that is the time of year I need it the most.
WHY? - The car is 12 years old and I don't have money to get a permanent solution.
#13 - The apartment I'm currently in is near a forest which is home to many insects. It bugs me when those critters make my bedroom their new home.
WHY? - The apartment's proximity to the forest attracts insects. I sit on my balcony very often and insects sneak in.
#14 - My Apple Airpods will occasionally connect from my phone to my computer while I'm listening to music. It disrupts the mood and is a hassle to reconnect.
WHY? - I paired the Airpods to both devices because I need to use them on both; however, I am uncertain what causes the Airpods to automatically switch to one device to another.
#15 - I have a wireless printer, but I am unable to use it because I can't connect to the router.
WHY? - The landlords have sealed the router box away preventing me from obtaining the neccessary information needed to set up the printer.
#16 - When I am about to pick my outfit before I leave and realize its wrinkled.
WHY? - I rushed my folding. I didn't hang the clothes that needed to be hung.
#17 - When I go to the grocery store and as I park there is a shopping cart in the space.
WHY? - Previous shoppers can not find the designated cart space. They are inconsiderate and lazy.
#18 - People who litter when there are multiple trashcans in the area and people who clearly see trash but ignore it bother me.
WHY? - Trash cans are not obvious enough. They don't take responsibility or initiative to conserve the environment
#19 - My microwave is unnecessarily loud when cooking and alarms every 2 seconds when the timer runs out. Not to mention it takes longer to cook food than other microwaves (Low wattage).
WHY? - It is an older and cheaper microwave. The company designed the microwave this way.
#20 - I tell the barber exactly how I want my hair cut including the dimensions but the results are always different each time.
WHY? - Each barber uses different techniques. Inconsistencies in their training.
Hey Aaron,
ReplyDeleteI highly agree with your first bug. It's one of the most annoying parts of working out in a public gym, and it's not even that difficult of a problem to solve if people would just rack their weights! In your reflection you talked about how hard it was towards the end of the list, which was also the main issue I struggled with while writing my bug list.
Hi Aaron,
ReplyDeleteReading your list, I found that we related in a lot of the things that bug us, which is kind of funny! Specifically your bugs that were in regards to your apartment complex or the bus system- it seems as though these problems are pretty universal and interesting to see that other people feel the same. I also took a couple of days to come up with my list, and putting myself in the perspective of others definitely helped me come up with ideas as well. Good to know our strategies worked out for us! Great post.